Yesterday really started off crappy but after those sweet little chicks stopped suffering I have to say it was a huge relief. N- YOU RULE.
We had a really fun day of a whole lot kids and they LOVED the the 19 baby chicks that made it. It was fun watching the huge smiles on their faces while they were trying to pick up the chicks. That's one of the reasons it's totally worth it.
I have to say that everytime kids come out I am shocked by how terrified some kids are by nature. Genuine HORROR. :O) We took a long walk back in the woods, about 12 of us. Our 3 dogs and 2 goats. I've never heard so much screaming or see so much jumping from something touching them. I thought their poor mom was going to come unglued she kept saying "suck it up, deal with it, YOU"RE IN NATURE" Poor Mama. We walked through the creek for a bit but decided to head back as I think the adults were tired of hearing the complaining. I bring this up, not to complain about these kids. They are some of the greatest kids/people I know. MY FAVORITES BUT everytime my friends and their kids come out it is interesting to watch how freaked out some kids get. It happens everytime with all different kids. NOT ALL KIDS but definitely more than I would expect. Growing up I can't remember kids being freaked out by the woods. Now, that just may be selective memory. it's always easy to say "when i grew up" blah blah blah.
Later we decide to do some dirt sledding which is always fun!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment